Why Domain transfer?
Are you frustrated by your hosting provider? Do you want a high-performance web hosting service? Partner with us to make your website faster and more appealing to your customers. We can help you do a domain transfer from your current web hosting provider to our servers.
When you move your domain to Crystal Host, you’re gearing up for top-notch hosting and reliable service at affordable rates. We’ll migrate all your web files, email addresses, databases, and other settings. What’s more, we go an extra mile to ensure your website is operating optimally on our servers to give your visitors the best user experience.
Don’t let a poor web hosting provide frustrate you. We are here to give you an exceptional service.
Most registrars charge over 30% on renewals every year for important Top-Level Domains like .com. With Crystal Host, you save more and get a better service.
Top Level Domain (TLD) Transfers
Transfer from another registrar
First, ensure that you have a backup of your website and emails beforehand in order to prevent any data loss. Next, you’ll need to let us know your preferred hosting package for us to process the order for you. As an additional service, we will conduct the migration from your current hosting provider and start the domain transfer process by changing your domain name servers to ours.
NB: The domain transfer process could take 1 to 10 days.
TLD Domain Transfer Conditions:
- Ensure that the domain has not expired and is at least 10 days prior expiring.
- Ensure that the domain status in Unlocked.
- Ensure WHOIS records privacy is disabled/removed.
- Confirm that the registrant or administrative email address is correct.
- Request for EPP/AUTH transfer from your current registrar.
- Send us the EPP/AUTH code via email to initiate the domain transfer Process.
- You cannot change nameservers for a domain on Transfer.The transfer order has to be cancelled first.
- You cannot renew a domain on transfer. The transfer order has to be cancelled first.
- Check these status from the link www.who.is or www.whois.com/whois/
- Also ensure that you have full email and website backup before the transfer process starts, Note: Please do not start the transfer process if your emails and websites are not backed up.
- The domain transfer process usually takes between 1 to 10 days
- Transfer Fee is Ksh.1160 (domain renewed automatically for another 1 year)
- Domains that have expired can not be transfered.
- If your domain expired with your old Registrar, and you renewed it with them, then do not Transfer it within 45 days of the previous expiry date since it will not add 1 more year to your domain name, and you will lose out on the Renewal fees paid to the older Registrar.
- ICANN & Registry regulations prohibit the transfer of domain names that have been registered or previously transferred within the last 60 Days. Please wait for 60 days from the date of registration or previous transfer before applying for a transfer of such domain names.